Monday, August 26, 2013

I'm Writing a Book and Vegan MoFo!


I'm popping in here to let you know I'll be participating in this year's Vegan MoFo. It starts in less than a week, which is pretty terrifying, although I really like the idea of blogging during September. The longer days will make taking photos a lot easier, and maybe one year soon, we'll switch it all up and blog during one of the spring or summer months!

This year my involvement in the MoFo circus is going to be much more limited. I don't plan to help behind the scenes at MoFo Headquarters, although I do plan to post here at least 20 times during the month, just with more abbreviated ranting.

Berbere trials. Also, Penzey's is way too hot.  Toooooo hot.
I feel a little sad about not being as involved as I have been in the last 5 years, but I have a pretty good excuse. I'm under contract with the fine folks at Book Publishing Company to write a vegan Ethiopian cookbook! Neat huh? Besides giving the recipes from Papa Tofu Loves Ethiopian Food a fancy up-do, I'm creating about 50 more! It's kinda bezerk around here actually, and I haven't been able to sleep at night very well. Visions of injera and lentil stews are dancing in my head and messing with my ZZZs.

Homemade injera, spicy red lentils, potatoes and asparagus, salad and marinated beets.
So as you can imagine, the majority of my posts in September will be snippets of what I'm cranking out and writing down in the kitchen

See you again soon! Also, the book giveaway for Laurie Sadowski's really yummy xgfx cake and cookie cookbook is running until Friday. Not very many folks have posted, so you have a good chance of winning if you head over there.

xo
kittee

47 comments:

  1. Kittee! I'm so happy for you and you will be there with us in spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I hope the book design is going to be kittee-fied to the max.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm crossing my fingers, but trying to keep my expectations low.
      xo
      kittee

      Delete
    2. I'm going to check out the area to see if I have access to the neccessary ingredients for testing!

      Ty

      Delete
  3. Congrats, that is awesome news, Kittee!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so, so cool! Stoked for you (and all of the food-cookers and -eaters who are going to benefit from this), Kittee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurray for you, Kittee! This is such great news - congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks d!!! i'm super excited, hope i can do it awesome.

      Delete
  6. I can't WAIT for this! Congrats my dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The best cookbook news I've heard in ages! Couldn't happen to anyone more deserving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what a nice thing to say. you humble me.

      Delete
  8. This will surely be one of the greatest cookbooks ever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's freaking fantastic news Kittee! Congratulations. You're now EXTRA awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice! Congrats & may the force be with you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeay, Kittee! Papa Tofu's gonna get a Momma!! Huge congrats!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so wonderful! I'm going to eat an Ethiopian taco in your honor.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wiiiiiiiie, that's great! I'm already looking forward to it :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. This kicks such serious butt, Kittee! I'm so happy for you, and happy for me because of all the delicious recipes your adoring fans get out of the deal. <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. yay! i always meant to buy Papa Tofu and honestly just forgot, i'll definitely have to get this one. ~erica in pdx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kittee, I am so happy for you and am very excited for your soon to be awesome book!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so excited for your cookbook and to read your MoFo posts! I love Ethiopian food!! And I always love your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations, kittee! that sounds like a perfect thing to do for you. i'd love to join your test team but i guess it's not possible from where I am right now. but there'll probably be more than enough volunteers anyway. : )

    - hope your feeling better in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's terrific news, both for you and for us, Ethiopian food lovers! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't wait to crack open your book, Kittee!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Can I get on a mailing list or something to be notified when your book comes out? Because I love your recipes but I don't visit the blog often, and Facebook only shows me your page's posts when it feels like it (rarely). I'm really looking forward to the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm replying to my own comment because I forgot to check the box for new comment notifications last time.

      Delete
    2. sure brandy, but i need an email address! <3 and thank you!

      Delete
  22. Great news! I was bummed that Papa Tofu was no longer available. When is the book due out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I missed this comment somehow. The book should be out before fall next year.
      ox
      kittee

      Delete

I like comments, unless you're a spammer.
Spamming kills baby sea turtles.