Thursday, September 5, 2013

Backlog is Done, and Maybe So Am I.


Clockwise from top: chickpea BALL kai wot (dumplings in a spicy berbere sauce), dinnich (potatoes), ye'kik allecha begomen (yellow split peas in a mild sauce with greens) and slaw in the middle. Injera from Merkato (how lucky am I to live a short walk from a super well stocked Ethiopian grocery store?)
Today was a bit of a kitchen bust, so I'm reverting to my last backlogged picture to hold you off. I've also decided (I think) that tofu does not belong on combo platters except in the form of balls (insert the word dumpling here). 

This photo is from last weekend, and the platter was cobbled together with a little of this 'n' that. I like the yellow peas with spinach, but I think they'll be prettier with green split peas, maybe? Also piled on here is a spicy chickpea BALL kai wot, potatoes that need a do-over and a quickie cabbage slaw.

I feel better about tomorrow's prospects. I'm working on Ye'shimbra Assa Wot (chickpea fish in a spicy sauce) and spiced blueberry handpies!

xo
kittee

11 comments:

  1. I am super excited about the idea of chickpea fish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is making me so hungry! Rearranging my schedule today to make a trip to our fave ethnic market to buy injera...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even look at these gorgeous pictures anymore; they're making me so hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love all of the colors of Ethiopian food. It makes me want to dig in ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm cool with backlog photos as long as you keep posting stuff like this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your food always gives me a rumbling tummy! And I can't WAIT for Chickpea fish! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kittee! I am so excited for this book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ugh, a day of kitchen bust can really suck some joy out of you... but I'm glad to hear that you're ready to get back on the proverbial horse again tomorrow! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woo I'm excited for chickpea fish! And I agree about the tofu; it always should be in balls. hehe balls.

    ReplyDelete

I like comments, unless you're a spammer.
Spamming kills baby sea turtles.