Friday, September 27, 2013

Sews Before Bros - Freaky Friday




Hello and welcome to Freaky Friday! I'm Erika from Sews Before Bros and I am thrilled to have a guest spot on Kittee's amazeadorable blog. 

For my little sojourn over to Cake Maker to the Stars, I decided to make nacho lasagna! Not only is this xgfx, it's highly customizeable and easy to make. The basic components you need are corn tortillas, refried beans, and vegan cheeze.

Start Layering!
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and start layering your ingredients in a casserole dish, starting with a bottom layer of tortilla. I found that cutting a tortilla in half and placing the straight edge along the edge of the casserole dish helped me fill the corners and leave no spaces uncovered.

In addition to refried beans and Follow Your Heart cheddar, I threw in some sliced olives and some crumbled marinated tofu. Once you've got a good two or three layers going, top with some additional cheese and throw it in the oven. After baking for 15 minutes, remove from the oven and let it cool about 10 minutes before serving. Alternately, refrigerate it overnight so the layers cut and photograph nicely!


There are a lot of delicious things to serve with this: queso, sour cream, salsa, guacamole, cilantro, green onions... I could go on and on. I'll leave it up to your good judgment what you want on your nacho lasagna. 


Nacho lasagna- now it can be YOUR lasagna. And with that, I bid you an apology, and adieu. 

7 comments:

  1. Nacho lasagna! WOW! I am always in the mood for nachos, now I can turn it into a dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! I love that people are actually doing Freaky Friday!! So fun! How nice that you did an xgfx post for Kittee's blog - naturally! I've often thought of doing a mexi-lasagna sorta thing... but I've never actually tried it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That looks so awesome! I'm not GF but somehow I love making things GF for fun. Baking GF is my new favorite hobby. Challenges excite me I guess. So does the sound of Nacho Lasagna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so wonderful! Nacho lasagne yum yum! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello fellow Vegan Mofo'er :-)

    just to let you know that I'd like to link to this recipe on the Vegan Mofo round up post on my blog this Friday. But I'd also love to link to your "Kale Tail Tales" recipe ;-)
    I'm glad I found your site.
    Sandra

    P.S. Connect with me on Facebook (CandidaDietPlan), @candidadiettips on Twitter and Sandra Boehner on Pinterest so you see when the post goes live ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I like comments, unless you're a spammer.
Spamming kills baby sea turtles.